LED lights are the future of lighting. Most of the ligh […]
LED lights are the future of lighting. Most of the lighting designers use them as a main tool for their creations. The abbreviation of LED stands for Light Emitting Diode.
There are many, many advantages to using LED lights as much as possible, especially when we want to save energy on our planet. The light created by LED light bulbs is much safer lighting than that of regular light bulbs - primarily because most light bulbs become very hot when used and can potentially cause fires. With LED lights you will never as much as burn your fingers touching a bulb, no matter how long it has been lit.
LED technology has taken the world to a whooping stage of development as it is very useful in conservation of energy and pollution. Some of the important advantages of the bulb are:
1. LED converts 80% of your electrical energy into light energy. So it does really justify for what you pay off. This ultimately reduces your expense on electricity bill and thus, saves both energy and money.
2. This technology has the capacity of emitting various colors of light without the use of colors filters that traditional lighting methods require, thus saving initial costs.
3. LEDs are adaptable to any kind of lighting application due to its availability in different color and small size. It emits light in intend color and works smoothly in harshest condition. A single LED is enough for lighting indication and its cluster is capable of shine whole football stadium.
4. These LED light have a better cycling life as compare to incandescent bulbs and also radiate much less heat in the process of switching on and off.
5. LED doesn't failed abruptly and relatively have long useful life around 35,000 to 50,000 hours. This reduces the cost in terms of maintenance and reduces your headache for periodical replacements. And LEDs mostly fail by dimming over time, rather than the abrupt burn-out of incandescent bulbs as in comparison to incandescent lights.
6. These lights are shock resistant and the solid package of the LED can be designed to focus its light. The fact that they are nontoxic (do not contain mercury) also favors the application of these bulbs.
These advantages show that LEDs in all the ways are best suitable choice for both indications and illumination lighting applications. However, as every emerging technology has some issues, so LED isn't untouched with it. The only disadvantage that LED installation has right now is high initial cost. If you have guts to spend 1000 bucks for few LED light bulbs, then LED lighting is 100% lucrative option. Also, low quality LED light will degrade in color more quickly than new branded one, so always look for high quality Energy star rated LED bulb.